IRender Render Tab
The Render Tab lets you set rendering size and quality.
Expanded view with advanced options:
The collapsed view includes necessary options for rendering the model:
Render Image Size
- Sm. - Render a small size image
- Med. - Render a medium size image
- Lg. - Render a large size image
- Hi-res - Render a high resolution image
- SketchUp - Render an image to match the SketchUp window
- Custom - Set to any size
- Processing time and required memory capacity are directly (linearly) related to the total number of pixels in your rendering. Higher resolution renderings will take longer to complete and consume more memory.
Stop Rendering After
- No Limit - render indefinitely, until you stop the rendering
- Passes - specify the number of rendering passes
- Each successive pass improves on the solution for lighting and reflections
- Set to 0 to disable
- Minutes - specify a time limit, expressed in minutes
- Process as many rendering passes as possible in the specified time
- Set to 0 to disable
- Note: When a value is set for both Passes and Minutes the rendering is completed at the moment either limit is reached.
IRender nXt includes rendering engine options
- Biased - Packet Mode
- Unbiased - Path Tracer
- Hybrid - Engine 4
Learn about Rendering Engines, Biased and Unbiased
The expanded view adds advanced options for more experienced users:
Make Panoramic Image
Make a 360 degree panoramic rendering of your model. To achieve the best result, set Render Image Size using Custom, 4000px x 2000px.
Once the panoramic image is completed, you can get a free viewer here: FSP Viewer
Autosave A rendering will be saved at the completion of the number of specified passes.
Color Rendering Mode
- Normal - Full color textured rendering of the model
- Clay - Grayscale rendering of the model
- Gray - No Texture - Grayscale rendering of the model, excluding textures
- Color - No Texture - Color rendering of the model, excluding textures
Use Section Planes Manage the use of SketchUp Section Planes to produce a rendering
Lights Processed per Pass Manage processing the light solution as the rendering is generated. Each pass is completed faster when fewer lights are processed per pass.
Maximum Texture Size Set the maximum texture size, expressed in pixels.
- Reflective Bounces - Specify the number of times reflections will bounce
- Refractive Bounces - Specify the number of times refractions will bounce
- Indirect Light Bounces - Specify the number of times light bounces from surfaces
- Focal Distance - Set the focal point of the image
- Depth of Field - Manage image focus before and after the Focal Distance
Lights Processed per Pass
- Using all lights (100%) in every pass, will let you see the effects of all lights in the first pass, but will take a long time.
- Using about 33% (1/3rd) of the lights per pass seems to work best - adjust as needed.
Show Settings Wizard before rendering Displays render settings before rendering.
The Setup Options dialog is the interface for rendering settings in IRender nXt. Options are grouped in the following tabs:
|Presets||Lighting Presets, SketchUp on/off (Sun, Sky, Ground), Sky mode, Ambient Light, Light Balance, Other Settings|
|Render||Image Size, Stop Rendering After, Rendering Engine, Make Panoramic Image, Color Rendering Mode, Autosave, Lights Processed per Pass, Maximum Texture Size, Use Section Planes, Processing Parameters, Show Settings|
|Styles||Auto Reflection, View Wizard, Batch Rendering Settings|
|Lights||Light Balance, Ambient Light, Use Indirect Lighting, Light Balancer (channels)|
|Sky||SketchUp Sun and Sky on/off, Sky [color] mode, Illumination, Automatic Sky, Sun and Sky Intensity, Ground Plane|
|HDRi||High Dynamic Range image (HDRi) Settings|
|Plants||IRender nXt Plants, Render Plants as 2D Images, Plant Layers to Display|
|Fog/Haze||Volumetric Fog, Calculation Boundary|
|Special||Edge Lines, Process 2 sided faces, RPC Objects, Other|
|Image||Save Image Automatically, Auto image format, Auto Image, Action when done, JPEG images|
|More||Number of Threads to use for Rendering, Save Option Values, Load Option Values from, Sync SketchUp Materials to Default Materials|