IRender Lights Tab
Expanded view with advanced options:
Sets the dominant source of ambient brightness for the image, the sun and sky, or lamps and other light fixtures.
When this value is modified, a new rendering has to be generated, the resume rendering function will not incorporate the change.
Ambient Light is the overall brightness of the image, solved during rendering. A lower ambient value will produce more contrast in the rendered image, higher ambient values will flatten the rendering. See: Ambient Light
- Show Light Bulbs - Option to display the bulbs in the rendering, this does not influence processing the lighting.
- Process light bulbs on invisible layers - Includes lighting from sources even if layer is off.
- Use Watts instead of Lumens for Lamp Units - The unit method for lighting, by default is Lumens.
- Use Monte Carlo reflections - helps resolve small blurred reflections with bright spots (slow)
- Use Camera lights - A special lighting condition that will provide illumination when no other lighting is available.
- See Also: Camera Light
Use Indirect Lighting (reflected light) - See Also: Indirect Lighting
- None - Light bouncing off of surfaces is not included in the lighting solution for the rendering
- Standard or Gather - Standard is faster than Gather and will produce essential the same solution
- # bounces (1-4) - More light bounces from surfaces will increase rendering time but result in a more accurate lighting solution.
- Sets the number of channels to use and default channels for groups of lights. See: Light Balancer
Set light channels
- Sets the names of the Light Balancer channels.
The Setup Options dialog is the interface for rendering settings in IRender nXt. Options are grouped in the following tabs:
|Presets||Lighting Presets, SketchUp on/off (Sun, Sky, Ground), Sky mode, Ambient Light, Light Balance, Other Settings|
|Render||Image Size, Stop Rendering After, Rendering Engine, Make Panoramic Image, Color Rendering Mode, Autosave, Lights Processed per Pass, Maximum Texture Size, Use Section Planes, Processing Parameters, Show Settings|
|Styles||Auto Reflection, View Wizard, Batch Rendering Settings|
|Lights||Light Balance, Ambient Light, Use Indirect Lighting, Light Balancer (channels)|
|Sky||SketchUp Sun and Sky on/off, Sky [color] mode, Illumination, Automatic Sky, Sun and Sky Intensity, Ground Plane|
|HDRi||High Dynamic Range image (HDRi) Settings|
|Plants||IRender nXt Plants, Render Plants as 2D Images, Plant Layers to Display|
|Fog/Haze||Volumetric Fog, Calculation Boundary|
|Special||Edge Lines, Process 2 sided faces, RPC Objects, Other|
|Image||Save Image Automatically, Auto image format, Auto Image, Action when done, JPEG images|
|More||Number of Threads to use for Rendering, Save Option Values, Load Option Values from, Sync SketchUp Materials to Default Materials|