The WalkAbout interface provides a variety of services encapsulated into a single nXtRender utility. Its basic functions include:
- An alternative to AutoCAD viewing and navigation commands, including an intuitive walk-through mode.
- Fixed aspect ratio viewports so that exact views can be replicated consistently, even across different machines.
- An interactive image background interface for placing models into photographs.
Some advanced features can only be accessed through the WalkAbout interface. These include:
- Additional projections not found in AutoCAD, such as two-point perspectives and panoramas.
- A batch processor which allows you to calculate and save multiple renderings in a single session.
- 3D Slide Show-- an easy to use yet sophisticated animation engine.
- A sun study animation engine.
- The ability to render a rectangular region of your view.: