Educational Versions

To purchase an Educational License, visit: Purchase Educational Licenses

An Educational License:

  • is a full-featured commercial license at a special price
  • is for students, faculty (teachers, instructors, and professors), and schools only (proof of status is required)
  • is not transferable (cannot be sold or transferred to another user)
  • is for Windows machines only (sorry, no Mac version)
  • is upgradeable at educational prices if the owner still qualifies for educational prices
  • is upgradeable at commercial prices if the owner no longer qualifies for educational prices

View An Introduction to Educational Licenses

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have other questions not listed below please email us! Render Plus Support Email

  • I am in school, but I really need all the features of the commercial version to do my work. What should I do?
The educational license is exactly the same software with the same features as the commercial version, but it will cost you less.
  • I currently have an educational license and am graduating school this spring. I want to use the renderer in my work after I graduate. Do I have to upgrade to a commercial license?
You can continue to use the educational license for the remainder of the 12 months for which it is valid after you leave school. Once expired (educational licenses are valid for 12 months), you can upgrade your educational license to a commercial license by purchasing a commercial upgrade. See; Upgrades)
  • I own an educational license that I no longer need. Can I sell it to my friend, who is also a student?
No. Licenses cannot be transferred (or sold) to anyone else.
  • I have a single-user educational license and have upgraded it by paying for a commercial upgrade. Has my license become a commercial one?
Yes, it is now a normal commercial license.
  • Can I upgrade my educational single-user license to a commercial one? How much will it cost me?
You could, but there is no need to upgrade to a commercial license while you are still in school as the educational software is exactly the same as the commercial version of the software. You will need to upgrade from your educational license to a commercial version after you leave school and your educational license has expired (educational licenses are valid for 12 months). See; Upgrades)
  • Can I buy more than one educational license?
Students and faculty members may only buy one educational license each. If you're a student and think your school would benefit from either a Single Classroom/Lab or All School license, email us Render Plus Support Email the name/phone/email address of a member of your faculty and we'll contact them to discuss licensing. Likewise, if you are a member of faculty please check out our attractive pricing for Single Classroom/Lab, or All School!
  • What is an educational lab kit?
It includes a license for all the computers in a school's classroom or lab.
  • I want to buy the student version. Can you guarantee that because it costs less than the commercial version that you won't include any watermarks on the images I create?
The educational version of the software is a fully functional version with no watermarks. Guaranteed.

Pricing and Purchases

To purchase an Educational License, visit: Purchase Educational Licenses