Place Material uses an Explorer type tree to select materials and place them directly on faces without having to open components and groups for edit.
Select the Place Material tool from the Paintbrush icon on the IRender nXt toolbar. ( )
- Expand: Expands all the folders in the library tree.
- Collapse: Collapses all the folders in the library tree.
- Refresh: Reloads the material libraries from disk.
- Model: Returns to the root of the library tree.
- Apply to single surface only: If checked, when placing a material, only the surface directly clicked on will receive the new material.
- Otherwise, all surfaces in the same component or group that had the same material beforehand will be changed as well.
- Replace Material (keep name) - When you check 'Replace Material (keep name)' then the exiting material name is retained.
- The properties are changed to match the library material.
- This keeps the same name, and automatically changes the appearance of the material on all faces which have original material assigned to them.
- This is especially useful with Material Styles . See also: Replace Material .
- Pick: Click to start a material picking tool, which lets you choose a material from an existing surface in to model to apply to other surfaces.
- Place: Click to start the material placing tool, which applies the material currently selected in this dialog to surfaces in the model.
If you want to have use functional names for your materials - such as "Counter Tops" so that they can be easilt used for cut lists, for example, then it is handy to renamethem as you palce them.
The Render Plus material placement Wizard make it it easy to view all the materials in your model.
Just Right click on any material name to quickly rename it.