SketchUp 2021 Overview
SketchUp 2021 was released November 17th, 2020. See a brief overview of these features below and links to independent reviews and forum feedback!
Once SketchUp releases their annual update, we get to work to ensure our extensions are compatible. The Render Plus Software SketchUp extensions (IRender nXt, 3D Design Studio, ArielVision, and others) are all now compatible with SketchUp 2021!
Render Plus Software
2021 SketchUp Compatible Versions
IRender nXt 2021 | ArielVision 2021 | 3D Design Studio 2021
Note: Our extensions work with all versions of SketchUp from 7 through 2021
Our 2021 extension versions include bug fixes, system improvements and support for SketchUp 2021.
Render Plus License Status – How to determine if you need to renew in order to work with SketchUp 2021
Active license holders (purchased or renewed during or after November 2019) of IRender nXt, 3D Design Studio, ArielVision, or our other SketchUp extensions can immediately download and install the latest version of the software to benefit from the compatibility with SketchUp 2021 without having to renew their license. Check the status of your Render Plus license.
Licenses purchased prior to November 2019 need to be renewed to work with SketchUp 2021. Check the status of your Render Plus license.
Subscription license holders can immediately download and install the latest version of the software to benefit from the compatibility with SketchUp 2021.
What’s New in SketchUp 2021?
Here’s our quick rundown of what’s new in SketchUp 2021 – for full insight into the release connect to SketchUp’s release blog https://blog.sketchup.com/article/sketchup-2021-building-a-foundation-for-success
- A new, blue logo suite! Au revoir red logo
- PreDesign. A climate-savvy way to start designs. PreDesign provides meaningful climate observations while alleviating some of the heavy-lifting from your workflow to ensure you start each project in the right direction or at least the right orientation.
- Live Components. Smart, configurable objects for agile modeling available via the 3D Warehouse. Select a Live Component, insert it directly into your model, then control the component’s parameters in the ‘Configure Live Component’ dialog. As you adjust parameters, the Live Component redraws itself.
- Add Location. Bring in top quality, hi-res real-world aerial imagery for accurate site placement, so you can provide contextual site data.
- Tag Folders. For better model organization. Allows you to organize your tags for quicker access and bulk visibility control within SketchUp and LayOut. If your tags are organized with a naming convention, you can quickly filter on your prefixes to select similar tags and stash them in a folder.
- Scenes Panel. Increased control over the visibility of your Scenes. You can select and save hidden objects on a scene-by-scene basis. Save the (in)visibility state of hidden objects and section planes providing you with greater control over your model’s visibility per scene.
- Linear inference toggles for the Line tool. The ability to toggle linear inferencing on and off facilitates better control over your line drawing so you can draw edges without being snapped to an inference. A native ‘Weld Edges’ command lets you join edges and arcs into a single polyline without installing an extension.