What-s new - June 2007
We have merged our Space Design product and our Construction Documentation product into a single, new product called RpTools [ and we have released our Component reporting product, RpReports . Read more on these and other products below.
Announcing two new add-ons for SketchUp:
- RpTools - Component manipulation, and 2D plot add-ons.
- RpReports - Component attributes and reports.
And the latest on the other Render Plus add-ons.
- IRender - fully integrated, Ray Trace rendering solution for SketchUp.
- RPS 3D PDF - Interactive 3D PDF documents for Adobe Reader.
RpTools has added two new tools:
- Polyline - draws a polyline with pen width and color.
- Alpha Channel - adds an alpha channel to a raster image, (to defined parts of the image which are transparent).
RpReports - released for testing and evaluation
RpReports is a customized plugin for SketchUp which lets you create your own applications with customized attributes, predefined attributes for components, and reports. Define custom attributes for project Define preset attributes for components. Specify totals and sub-totals and other report customization.
IRender, (and IRender Plus), now have a better and faster extraction routine. It uses about 30% less RAM for large models, so should be able to handle larger models of about 20 megabytes, rather than our current limit of about 15 megabytes.
IRender is faster during extract, but should not be any faster during rendering - except that by using less RAM it is less likely to start swapping out RAM during the download and rendering process. (Which would really slow things down.)
Download the latest version from: Downloads Page to test the new version.
For more information on IRender and IRender Plus, See: IRender
RPS 3D PDF
The latest version, F05p, works better for clients who do not have administrative permission on their machines.
See: RPS 3D PDF
- When reinstalling products, you now get a reinstall option, rather then the older, very confusing, modify/repair choices.
- For more information about the products, visit the RPS Wiki: Main_Page
- For questions and support, visit the RPS Forum: RPS Forum
- For the latest versions of any Render Plus product, visit: Downloads Page
- Let us know what features you would like to see, any comments you have about the products, etc.
Render Plus Systems
- February 2015 Newsletter - Fractal Trees - Foreground Images
- January 2015 - Mid Month Thoughts - Lighting Channels, Visible Light Paths
- January 2015 Newsletter Automatic Reflection Settings and Automatic Bump Maps.
- November 2014 Mid Month Thoughts - November Mid Month Thoughts
- November 2014 Newsletter - SketchUp 2015 Released
- June 2014 Newsletter - New IRender nXt Interior Pool Tutorial
- May 2014 Newsletter - Studio Lighting - Reviews
- March 2014 Newsletter - SketchUp 2014 Released
- February 2014 Newsletter - Reviews, Lighting Channels
- January 2014 Newsletter - View Wizard and Xmas Contest Winners
- Render Plus Blog