What-s new - January 2008
January 2008 Render Plus Newsletter
New Version - IRender 2.0
IRender Version 2.0 has been released. We continue to improve IRender with new minor releases every month of so, but with Version 2.0, there are a number of items you may want to try out.
Fast ways to make new reflective or transparent materials. Metal, Plastic, etc.
Right click on a Face, Group or Component to edit its material.
Render a fast, small preview before creating the full rendering
Automatically saves the rendered image when it is complete. This is useful when you start a rendering and forget to save it before exiting SketchUp.
IRender V2.0 has made improvements in models and images which allows it to process larger models.
Support for SketchUp section planes.
Better Environment coordination
When you make changes to the SketchUp sun, sky, ground plane or fog, the changes are automatically noticed and recorded for IRender.
Render larger models by re-sampling large textures and images.
If you purchased IRender after Dec 31, 2006, then your license will automatically work for Version 2.0. If you purchased IRender in 2006, then you will need to upgrade to the latest version.
- See: Upgrades
If you have already tried out IRender, you can download Version 2.0 and get a new 30 day trial period.
In a few weeks we will be releasing the Beta Test of IRender nXt. This version of IRender, based on the new AccuRender nXt engine will add better lighting, shadow, and reflection properties to IRender.
- See: IRender nXt
- February 2015 Newsletter - Fractal Trees - Foreground Images
- January 2015 - Mid Month Thoughts - Lighting Channels, Visible Light Paths
- January 2015 Newsletter Automatic Reflection Settings and Automatic Bump Maps.
- November 2014 Mid Month Thoughts - November Mid Month Thoughts
- November 2014 Newsletter - SketchUp 2015 Released
- June 2014 Newsletter - New IRender nXt Interior Pool Tutorial
- May 2014 Newsletter - Studio Lighting - Reviews
- March 2014 Newsletter - SketchUp 2014 Released
- February 2014 Newsletter - Reviews, Lighting Channels
- January 2014 Newsletter - View Wizard and Xmas Contest Winners
- Render Plus Blog