What-s new- June 2008
June 2008 Render Plus Newsletter
We have released a new version of IRender nXt - the new rendering engine for SketchUp
IRender nXt is a new Ray Trace renderer for SketchUp using the AccuRender nXt engine. It does a much better job of lighting, shadows, and reflection than our previous IRender version. Because it is fully integrated into SketchUp, it is a powerful, but easy rendering interface for SketchUp.
Changes in this version
This version has added default lighting and other rendering defaults which make it much easier to get an impressive rendering from your SketchUp model without adding any special rendering objects (lights, *reflective materials, etc.) Of course if you do add rendering objects, or adjust the settings, you will get even better renderings.
Options Tab Dialog
- Has a much improved options tab dialog - making it easy to set the options you need the most - Lighting defaults and render parameters, while still keeping the power of the other options available.
- See: IRender Options
Tabs on Material Wizard
- Tabs have been added to the Material wizard to make it easier to view and set IRender Plus options.
- See: Material Wizard
Select Material Wizard
- Allows you to easily create a new material from our Select Material to Place dialog.
- See: Select Material
Auto Bump Settings
- Improved the Material Editor Texture tab functionality, allowing you to set the Color Strength when using Auto Bump.
- See: Automatic Bump Maps
- This is a sample interior rendering - again made without the sun, using the default lighting and Indirect Lighting which processes the effects of reflected light.
- See: IRender nXt Samples for higher resolution samples and other samples.
- See: Gallery for the Gallery of IRender nXt renderings.
Try it out
IRender Next is ready for testing.
To test out IRender nXt or download the latest version: Download IRender 2.0 from Downloads Page Click on the first link - IRender nXt and install it Select IRender nXt Load from the SketchUp Plugins menu. Click the Render Icon to render your drawing: IRender nXt Forum
- See: IRender nXt Formum for more examples, comments from other users, etc.
- See: IRender nXt for more information on how to use it.
- February 2015 Newsletter - Fractal Trees - Foreground Images
- January 2015 - Mid Month Thoughts - Lighting Channels, Visible Light Paths
- January 2015 Newsletter Automatic Reflection Settings and Automatic Bump Maps.
- November 2014 Mid Month Thoughts - November Mid Month Thoughts
- November 2014 Newsletter - SketchUp 2015 Released
- June 2014 Newsletter - New IRender nXt Interior Pool Tutorial
- May 2014 Newsletter - Studio Lighting - Reviews
- March 2014 Newsletter - SketchUp 2014 Released
- February 2014 Newsletter - Reviews, Lighting Channels
- January 2014 Newsletter - View Wizard and Xmas Contest Winners
- Render Plus Blog