The Presets Tab lets you choose predefined settings more the most common lighting situations.
The Presets set items on the bottom of this tab which can also be altered directly.
|High Dynamic||(default) Uses an HDRi sky for reflection and illumination which is very effective for many renderings without using the sun or any exterior lights. This provides a nice lighting effect for viewing individual items.||- exterior scenes or isolated objects when you want to create an interesting, subtle, lighting effect, inst4ead of using the sun or interior lights.|
|Exterior||turns on the sun and the sky, and high ambient lighting.||- exterior scenes when the effects of sunlight are desired.|
|Interior w/sun||turns on the sun and the sky, and lowers the ambient light so interior lights will be effective as well.||- interior scenes with windows and interior lights. If you do not have interior artificial lights, then use Exterior instead.|
|Interior - no sun||turns off the sun and sky, with lowered ambient lighting.||- interior scenes with windows, or scenes with windows when the effect of light coming in through the windows is not desired.|
|HDRi sky||Adds an HDRi sky with sky, clouds and background trees.||- Exterior Scenes with window reflections, or which would benefit form a sky and trees background.|
- See Preset Details
The settings below override the Presets: Sky Mode
- Colors - make a background sky which using the 2 sky colors specified on the Sky tab.
- Automatic - creates a realistic sky which illuminates the model.
- HDRI - uses a HDRI image to define the sky.
- Sky Illuminates if Off - check this to get illumination from the Automatic or HDRi shy evn if the sky is not on.
- Sky Reflected if Off - check this to show reflections from the Automatic or HDRi shy evn if the sky is not on.
Each setting provides a smaller amount of ambient light to better represent scene selected:
- Studio Brightness - makes ambient brightness 20 times lower. Typically used in studio or High Dynamic renderings where light is provided by an HDRi sky.
Sets the balance between Ambient light and light from lamps and light fixtures,
After changing this value, you must perform a full render - not just a refresh rendering.
See: Ambient Light
- Enable Artificial Lighting - turn lamps and other artificial lighting on and off
- Use Auto daylight Portals - Automatically treats windows as Daylight Portals.
- Use Indirect Lighting - Incorporates the effects of indirect lighting. (Lights reflecting from mirrors and other surfaces.)
- Render Tab
- Render 2 Tab
- Presets Tab
- Styles Tab
- Lighting Tab
- Sky Tab
- HDRI Sky Tab
- Background Tab
- Foreground Tab