You can create a nXt Material for any of the Revit Materials in your drawing.
Select a Revit Material on the left and Use the tabs on the right to define the nXt Material to match it.
The nXt Material will have the same name as the Revit Material.
The material named nXt_Ground_Plane is the material name used to set the AccuRender nXt material to be used for the ground plane.
- Advanced - Use the AccuRender nXt Image Editor to create a custom AccuRender nXt material to be mapped to the selected material.
- Browse - Browse for an AccuRender nXt material to be mapped to the selected material, from a list of pre-defined materials, or from favorites that you have saved as 'User' materials.
- Groundcover - Define an AccuRender Groundcover to be mapped to the selected material .
- Load - Load a saved AccuRender nXt material from the disk.
- Save - Save the current AccuRender nXt material to a file on the disk.
- Clear - Delete the AccuRender nXt material currently mapped to the selected material. The material will be rendered using the Revit rendering color, transparency and reflection.
- Import - Import and re-use the material mappings from another project, where you have already created and mapped AccuRender nXt materials.
Use the Default tab to start with one of these pre-defined materials.
- Matte - Colored material with a matte finish
- Glass Thin - Thin should be used for glass created with a single face
- Glass Thick - Thick should be used for glass with two faces - one for each side.
- Plastic - low transparency, and somewhat blurry
- Reflective - medium reflection
- Metal - highly reflective, with Metallic highlights.
- Mirror - 100% reflective
- Shade - creates a Translucent lamp shade
- Glow - creates a material which glows like a light
Settings on the Trans tab
Set the values desired:
- Daylight Portal - Produces realistic sun and daylight effects from windows.
- See: Daylight Portal
- Caustics - Creates caustic refraction of light for a transparent object.
- Thick - Marks glass as created from more than just a single face.
- See Thin - Thick
Settings on the Glow tab
- Illuminance - the object act as a light source, if the illumination value is greater than 0.
- See: Glow
- Self Glow - the face glows, but does not illuminate other surfaces. This is the best setting or Neon lights.
Set the glow percentage - 0 to 100%
Select a material from predefined materials, or use "Browse..." in the list tree control to select a texture image from your disk. Use the Parameters tab to set the transparency, reflection and image tile sizes for the new material.
- Project - AccuRender materials already saved in your project
- User - Materials you have saved by category as favorites
- Libraries - Predefined materials based on image files or colors
- Browse... - Start a new material by selecting an image file from your disk
You may also use the Create New Material tab to save the selected texture in your user Documents\RPS\User\Materials folder, so that it can be easily selected for other projects. You will be asked to give the material a category and name, for displaying under Favorites section in the list tree control.
Use the Colorize buttons to select a different color for a texture, either selecting from our list of predefined colors, or by clicking on hte color box to set the actual RGB values for the new color. Reset will reset the material to its original color.