ProjectSketch - Tutorial
ProjectSketch is a free SketchUp add-on marketed by ProjectMatrix for the selection and placement of Commercial Office Furniture in SketchUp drawings.
ProjectSketch includes a generic furniture library with hundreds 3D contract furniture components. A multi-manufacturer data subscription that includes CAD data from dozens of major manufacturers is also available.
Downloads and Installation
ProjectSketch is a free SketchUp. This is a fully functional version,.
Follow the links from the Downloads Page to download the latest version.
After installation, use Load ProjectSketch from the SketchUp Plugins menu to load it.
ProjectSketch will announce that it is in a Trial Period. This refers to use of the manufacturer specific libraries from ProjectMatrix . ProjectSketch can be used with the Generic Library as a free product.
- - Select Furniture Component
- - Place SketchUp Component
- - Settings
- - Textures and Materials
- - Move Wizard - move a component (or any selected entities).
- - Copy Wizard - copy a component (or any selected entities).
- - Rotate Wizard - rotate a component (or any selected entities).
- - Report - report on furniture items.
- - SIF - save Sif file
Select Furniture Component
Click the Select Furniture icon ( ) to load the Furniture Selection Wizard.
- Use the top two combo boxes to select a manufacturer and product line.
- Use the list box to select a product category
- Use the combo box below to select a specific product.
The product will appear in the 3D window on the right
- Use the View icons to select a view
or you may use the mouse to spin the object.
- Select Show Edges to show the edges if desired.
- Select Snap is you want the item to snap to other furniture
- Click Place to place the furniture item in the drawing
Rotation during placement
While placing the item, you can use the cursor keys to rotate it.
Place SketchUp Component
Use the SketchUp Component icon ( ) to load the component placement wizard.
- Select a component category on the left.
- Select a component in the center
(You can display by thumbnail or name.)
- View the component on the right
(Use view options as desired.)
- Click Place to place the furniture item.
Use the Setup icon (
) to define placement parameters.
- Set to place on the Floor, on top of other items (Surface) or at a specitic Z-height.
- Set Snap to mode. (Used when snapping is selected on the Furniture Placement Wizard)
- Use Tolerance to specify how close the snap points need to be to invoke snapping.
- Enable Symbol Snap Nodes to view snap nodes in furniture components.
- Check for duplicate symbols is not enabled yet. When it is it will warn you if you place two symbols in the same place.
Textures and Materials
Use the Paintbrush icon ( ) to
Use the Move icon ( ) , Copy icon ( ) or the Rotate icon ( ) to manipulate furniture items.
- See RpTools for more informaiton on these wizards.
Use the Report icon ( File:Report24.png ) to create a report of your model.
The report will contain an image of your SketchUp model and a listing of all furniture items placed.
Use the SIF icon (