Photorealistic refers to creating images which resemble a photograph.
SketchUp and OpenGL
- Use of textures and materials.
- Shading (brightness of color) based on angle to the lights.
- Shadows from the sun.
- Perspective views.
High-end Photorealistic Renderers attempt to be more like a photograph by adding:
- Point light sources and spot lights.
- Shadows from multiple lights.
- Reflection on surfaces - direct reflection such as mirrors, or reflection from shiny surfaces.
- Indirect Lighting - which incorporates the effects of light bouncing off of other surfaces creating softer, more natural shadows.
- To Create High Resolution images from SketchUp, use a rendering engine such as IRender nXt and choose the resolution desired. See SketchUp High Resolution Images .