IRender nXt - Getting Started
IRender nXt is an easy to learn plugin for creating photorealistic renderings of your SketchUp models.
Once the download finishes, you are ready to install IRender nXt. Please follow these instructions:
Having problems installing IRender nXt?
If no one is available in our Chat Room, please leave a message.
In addition to the videos below, we have a number of written tutorials which can help you get started.
IRender nXt Interior Pool Tutorial
This is a great tutorial for learning many different aspects of IRender nXt
This Tutorial, the basic room model and some of the components were built by Jorge López.
Jorge López is an architect who has been teaching at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids,Iowa since 1991. This IRender nXt tutorial was created for his students in the CAD SketchUp class.
Upon completing this Tutorial, you will be able to
- a. create light fixtures
- b. add light emitters to existing components
- c. modify light properties
- d. use channels to adjust light levels
- e. modify material properties
- f. render a 360° panoramic view
- g. create a rendered animation
- First Exterior Rendering
- Simple Rendering of an Object
- IRender nXt Features
- Advanced IRender nXt Features
- Interior Lighting Basics
- Light Balancer
- Rendering with Edge Lines
- Reflection Settings
- Glass Transparency
- Multipass Rendering
- How to choose a renderer
Purchase Your IRender nXt License
It is not necessary to wait until your trial is over, you can purchase your IRender nXt license as soon as you are ready. Multi-seat, Network, and Educational licenses are also available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
More Help - Installing IRender nXt
- SketchUp Version - During installation, make sure that you select the correct SketchUp version.
- IRender nXt Toolbar - If the IRender nXt toolbar does not appear on the SketchUp toolbar - Click Extensions then Select 'IRender Load'.
Can't find the downloaded file?
You are looking for a file name that starts with "IRender_" and ends with ".zip". To install IRender nXt, extract the contents of this compressed file and run the installation program.
- If you are using Windows 8.1 or newer, downloaded files are typically placed in your user directory in a folder called "Downloads". Start File Explorer and browse to your "Downloads" folder.
- Still not sure where the downloaded file went? If you are using Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer, press Ctrl+j to learn the browser's download location.
It is possible that the download was interrupted and failed. If you are unable to locate the downloaded file, please try the download again, Download IRender nXt
If you are trying IRender nXt for the first time, and are finding it difficult to download or install the program, let us help, contact us