IRender Special Tab
Special Options Tab
- Edge Lines
- Normally edge lines are not displayed as part of the Ray Trace rendering.
- No Edge Lines - Do not include edge lines
- All Edges - include all edge lines
- Orphans Only - this displays only edges which are not attached to faces. (Some plant components use edge lines, which are not connected to faces, to represent branches and twigs. If you are using these type of plant components (not AccuRender plants), then set Edge lines to display Orphans only.)
- All with material set - will only include edges with a material set. This can be used when you want only some edges - such as a ceiling grid - to render. Put a material on the edge in SketchUp and check this option.
- Pixel Width - sets the approximate width of the edges in pixels.
- Note: SketchUp has additional edge settings for Profile, Depth Cue and Extension edges. IRender does not emulate these special edge line settings.
- Automatically Expand Proxy Components
contain a HI-POLY and a LOW-POLY layer. The LOW-POLY layer can be used for display in SketchUp, and IRender nXt will automatically render using the HI-POLY layer.
- See: Proxy Components
- Process 2 sided faces
- Never - One material per face. This is the fastest mode for rendering. We will use the material assigned to the front face, if materials are assigned to both the front and back faces. This requires that the model has been created so that the materials that you see are on the front sides of the faces.
- When Front and Back materials are both defined for a face - Two materials per face, only if these is a material, other than the default material, assigned to both sides.
- Always - This mode will always use the materials shown in SketchUp for both sides of a face, even if one of the materials is the default material. This mode will require the most processing time, but will ensure that you will see the exact same materials that you see in SketchUp.
- Image Processing
- Lights per pass - this determines how many lights will be processed per rendering pass. The default is 33%. You can change the percentage or enter a specific number so that more (or fewer) lights are processed per pass. (Of course, each rendering pass will take longer with more lights, and you will need more rendering passes with fewer lights.)
See: Lights Per Pass
- Reflective Bounces - determines how many time reflections are processed. For example when a mirror reflects another mirror or a reflective surface.
- The default is 3. More bounces can take appreciably more time to render if you have a lot of reflective surfaces.
- No Blurry reflections - normally reflections are a little blurry to emulate actual surface reflection.
- This setting eliminates the blurriness applied to reflections - which was implemented to make them see more realistic.
- Refractive Bounces - determines how many time refractions are processed. For example when a transparent surface views another transparent surface.
- The default is 3.
- Max. Texture Size
- If you specify a maximum resolution for images, then any images which are larger than this will be reduced to this size.
- If you find that the model is too large to render, you might lower the default value from 1,000 pixels in width. Or if you find that an image you place on a plane is losing resolution, you can increase the number
- See: Texture Resolution
The Setup Options dialog is the interface for rendering settings in IRender nXt. Options are grouped in the following tabs:
|Presets||Lighting Presets, SketchUp on/off (Sun, Sky, Ground), Sky mode, Ambient Light, Light Balance, Other Settings|
|Render||Image Size, Stop Rendering After, Rendering Engine, Make Panoramic Image, Color Rendering Mode, Autosave, Lights Processed per Pass, Maximum Texture Size, Use Section Planes, Processing Parameters, Show Settings|
|Styles||Auto Reflection, View Wizard, Batch Rendering Settings|
|Lights||Light Balance, Ambient Light, Use Indirect Lighting, Light Balancer (channels)|
|Sky||SketchUp Sun and Sky on/off, Sky [color] mode, Illumination, Automatic Sky, Sun and Sky Intensity, Ground Plane|
|HDRi||High Dynamic Range image (HDRi) Settings|
|Plants||IRender nXt Plants, Render Plants as 2D Images, Plant Layers to Display|
|Fog/Haze||Volumetric Fog, Calculation Boundary|
|Special||Edge Lines, Process 2 sided faces, RPC Objects, Other|
|Image||Save Image Automatically, Auto image format, Auto Image, Action when done, JPEG images|
|More||Number of Threads to use for Rendering, Save Option Values, Load Option Values from, Sync SketchUp Materials to Default Materials|