IRender nXt Toolbar
(Click on any item for documentation)
- IRender Info - start up settings and general information.
- Start Ray Trace - starts a new ray trace of your current model and settings.
- Restart Rendering - start a new rendering with settings changes only. (Do not extract and reload the geometry.)
- nXt Image Editor - Edit nXt Image.
- IRender nXt Options - Render window size, render quality, etc.
- IRender Ready Load a lamp, mirror or tree from the 3D Warehouse or create a lamp, or a light fixture.
- Place Material - Select and Edit materials and place them directly into components.
- Create Material - make a new SketchUp material from an .ArMaterial material.
- Material Styles - Save and reload material settings for the model.
- Image Layer Wizard - position or adjust foreground or background images.
- Create Plant - create a SketchUp component from an AccuRender Plant. The component will automatically render as a Fractal Plant.
- Load Sample models.
- Animation - create movies, or batch images from SketchUp animation pages.
- RPC - load RPC object into SketchUp model.
- Help - load the on-line Help pages.
IRender display window
Your rendering appears in a separate Window. Model and setting changes are performed in SketchUp. However, some image functions are performed by the toolbar at the top of the rendering window:
- About IRender nXt - Display this dialog
- Statistics - show model and rendering statistics
Adjustments and Filters - This dialog has Adjustments: Brightness and Contrast among others, and Filters: Sharpen, Smooth, and others.
More about Adjustments and Filters
- Brightness - Use this control to adjust the overall image brightness.
- Save Image - save the current rendering image to file on the disk. See File Formats below.
- Zoom All - make the image fit in the window area.
- One-to-One - display the image at is actual size
- Change View - Modify the current view, requires a rendering restart
- Setup - Setup page size - and re-render
- Edit Materials - Make changes to materials
- Image Layers - Manage Foregrounds and Backgrounds
- Light Balancer - Balance Lighting using light channels
- Effects - Add Haze, set Depth Blur, and add Glare to the completed rendering
The Save Rendering button allows you to save your rendering to several different image formats. You can save to most formats while a rendering is in progress.
- .JPG and .PNG - these save your rendering as a high quality image.
- The Alpha channel versions of the file formats are meant to be used for high-quality composting. Backgrounds will appear black when the rendering is saved with Alpha channel.
- The .hdr and .exr formats store luminance data directly in a High Dynamic Range format. Non-luminance backgrounds, such as normal photographs, will appear black when saved in one of these formats.
- The .nXtImage format is the native image format of the nXt renderers. It is the recommended format for storing your renderings, since it preserves the most information about your rendering. Images stored in this format can be manipulated in the nXt Image Editor and special FX can be added. From this editor, you can save to many popular standard formats, including all of the formats supported in nXt. You can also save to Piranesi (.epx) file format. See: NXt Image Editor
- Render Tab
- Render 2 Tab
- Presets Tab
- Styles Tab
- Lighting Tab
- Sky Tab
- HDRI Sky Tab
- Background Tab
- Foreground Tab