Edit Material is a right-click edit which sets the reflection or glow of a face.
To set the reflection or glow of a face, select it, right click on it and select IRender: Edit Material.
This will load the Material Wizard .
- Select the material type desired.
- Enter the amount of reflection or other parameters desired.
- Use numbers around 70% to 80* for reflective floors, etc.
- Use numbers very close to 100% for a mirror.
A metallic refection is more reflective and keeps more of the existing material visible.
For an example, see: Metallic Reflection
Glossy Reflection does not reflect images precisely.
For an example, see: Glossy Reflection
Fresnel Reflection increases the reflectivity of surfaces at glancing angles, but not at perpendicular angles.
For an example, see: Fresnel Reflection
- You cannot set both reflection and glow on a face. If you do only glow will be used.
- Self glow does not create a light. Instead, it makes the object glow as if it was illuminated. This is useful for neon lights, or images in windows which would have been illuminated from an interior light.
Sets a translucent effect which allows light to pass through the material (such as a lampshade), but does not let the eye see through the material.
Select Shade to create a translucent material.